Sunday 12 May 2013

Eye shadow pigment nail art


Hi all, I will start off with saying happy Mother's Day to any mums out there. I hope you all had a brilliant day! My little guy made me a card, a bag of potpourri and bought me some nail polish (of course!). 

Today I decided to try something different. I found a tutorial for this from the lovely Bec from Nail Gun XS , it was a guest post she wrote for the Lacquer Heads of Oz blog.

It is basically using loose eye shadow pigments for nail art. Hers look amazing! Mine are ok for a first attempt ;) I only had 2 loose shadows so not a huge choice to make. I used Pretty Serious CGA and a natio one that I can't remember the name of and it's worn off. 



I used china glaze emotion as the base polish for this and I think it was a little too similar to the natio powder for it to really work. Next time I will use something different. 

Here is a pic of the final result. 


And a bit more of a close up just for good measure. 




This nail art is super messy so be prepared for the clean up. The extra acetone totally dried out my cuticles, these pics were taken AFTER using cuticle oil and moisturiser! Overall though I quite like how it turned out and I will definitely do this again... Perhaps after I invest in some more Pretty Serious eye shadows ;) Let me know if you try this, I would love to see what everyone else comes up with. 

Bye for now! 

- Naomi


2 comments:

  1. Love it Nai! I'm going to have to give this a shot. I have several tubs of loose shadow, and seeing as I wear eye makeup about once every 2 years, I think I can spare it. What kind of brush did you use to tap on the eye shadow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Erica Jane

    I just used a soft flat brush that came in my nail art brush set.

    ReplyDelete