Saturday 9 March 2013

Birthday polish!

Hi all, I have so many new polishes to show you. It was too hard just to choose one so I have done an accent nail as well. Sorry in advance, this one is going to be picture heavy! This is a picture of what I have received so far.

Sinful colors: Purple diamond
Hottie
Bali mist
I miss you
Fiji
All about you

Australis: Milky Way.

Also a glam nails nail art pen. I probably could have used a fine tip permanent marker but this is pretty handy to have.




I also have a surprise grab bag coming and 9 bottles of china glaze, plus another $40 that I can spend on whatever I want. Ahhh I love birthdays.

So today I am wearing Australis Milky Way and on the accent nails is 2 coats of sinful colors Fiji topped with 2 coats of Bali Mist, the thumb also has I Miss You. I must admit to being a bit disappointed with Bali Mist. In the bottle it is a beautiful iridescent purple. With flashes of green, orange and violet. This does not come across very well on the nail at all. The polish is extremely sheer which is why I used Fiji for undies. It helped a little but not as much as I would have liked and you definitely can't see it in the photos.

Milky Way is also quite sheer and required around 4 coats to get to the opacity that you see in the pictures. After 2 coats it became a bit thick and clumpy but once I top coated you can't notice it. It doesn't put me off using it but you do need to give it extra drying time due to the thickness.

Finally though is I Miss You. Wow, this polish is amazing! It is a beautiful purple jelly base packed with purple and silver micro glitter. Then it has small holo hex glitter scattered through it. This polish is so damn gorgeous! I wish I had done the whole mani in this colour, but never mind, there is plenty of time for that ;)





















Oh and just a waning, be careful when opening a new bottle of acetone because it can get nasty! The little white bit of plastic you can see jutting out in the picture on the right hand side caused that damage!





I hope you all like the pictures, a couple are out of focus to show how blingy I Miss You is. Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys!


Bye for now,

- Naomi








No comments:

Post a Comment