Friday 15 March 2013

Stamping review

Hi guys, I wanted to do a quick review for you today.

I was shopping in big w today when I stumbled across this stamping kit. Firstly I was excited that they actually had a stamping kit to start with and secondly the designs were cute. Even though it was $15 for one stamping plate ( :O ) I bought it anyways (it also came with a stamper, scraper and stamping polish).


As soon as I got home I took off the mani I was wearing so I could try it out. First thing I noticed was after scraping the excess polish off and placing the stamper on the plate. There was no nail polish on the stamper. I thought maybe it was just a dodgy stamper so I got out my other one and tried with that, and again, nothing. I thought perhaps it was the polish I was using so I tried with 4 different polishes using both stampers each time and every time, nothing. After so much frustration I compared the plate to my other plates and noticed the etchings weren't as deep, it's like I was just scraping all the polish off. Serious disappointment!

Then something nice happened... I have never been super good at stamping, they always end up smudged and half the image usually stays on the stamper. I got out my other plates and started stamping using my old stamper and as usual, it was a mess! Then I decided to try with the new stamper because it felt a lot more spongey than my original one. I was amazed! The designs were coming out crisp and clear, no smudging at all! Let me say though, they are far from perfect, but compared to what I usually manage to produce these are amazing!!! So, at the end of the day, even though I paid $15 for an image plate I can't use (I don't know if mine is faulty or if they are all like that) I managed to get a decent stamper out of it and may actually do a lot more stamping now!

Here are some pictures of the final result.











Thanks for reading! Bye for now,

- Naomi


4 comments:

  1. It looks fab!
    With the other plate, try using an old plastic gift card to scrape with, instead of the metal scraper. You can scrape a bit more softly so it may not take all of the polish off the plate. It doesn't scratch the plate either. Also, try scraping in a different direction - it helps sometimes. I never use the scrapers that come in sets, so I have about half a dozen sat unused lol
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hun :) it came with a plastic scraper and I also used my metal one but I will give it a go in a different direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True story on the scraping in a different direction. I never thought it would make a difference, because really why would it? But it totally does! Helly is a stamping master. One day I'm going to fly to England just to watch and learn. ;) Great job on the stamping Nai! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks :) I haven't got back to trying it yet, will let you both know ow I go once I do it :)

    ReplyDelete