Monday 1 April 2013

Light it up blue for autism awareness!

Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I posted. It's been pretty crazy here, but I'm back today with something that is close to my heart.

Tomorrow is world autism awareness day and the whole month of April is autism awareness month. Whilst my son is not on the spectrum, I do have quite a few friends who have children with asd. I have seen how difficult it is for them, the amount of hoops they have to jump through to get help for their children and the amount of judgement they receive from other people who don't know the whole story and just assume the parents aren't disciplining or the child is just naughty. I've heard horror stories of the bullying these children go through because they are "different" and it honestly breaks my heart. There needs to be a lot more awareness out there, because despite what people may think, autism is becoming more common with 1 in 88 children being diagnosed.

For the month of April the nail community is banding together to light it up blue for autism awareness. Some of us will have blue nails for the whole month, some of us are doing it once a week and some of us are just doing it for tomorrow, it all helps to spread the awareness so if you would like to participate you can check out the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/PaintItBlue or check the instagram hashtags, #bluenailsforautism or #lightitupbluenails






I am joining in with going blue as often as possible, but at lease once a week. Here is my first contribution.








If you can join in on helping to spread the awareness please do!

Thanks for reading guys! Bye for now.

- Naomi







2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for a blog award, for all the details, go to:

    http://lilyloveslouise.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/nomination-for-best-blog-award.html

    LLL xx

    ReplyDelete