Tuesday 26 February 2013

Tape art mani tutorial

Happy Saturday all! Today I have decided to do a tutorial for you all. I made this mani with the help of some sticky tape and craft scissors so thought I would share with you all.


First you need a roll of sticky tape, I just used normal scotch tape but you can give whatever you have a go as long as its wide enough. You also need some craft scissors, you know the ones you use for scrapbooking that cut patterns in the paper, you can pick them up fairly cheap from craft supply stores. You will also need a base coat, a top coat and 2 different polish colours. I used ulta3 elegant mauve and ulta3 orchid.




You need to be really patient with this mani because if your base colour isn't totally dry when you try to pull the sticky tape off it will rip your base colour up (I learnt this the hard way :( ) I did my base colour and let it dry overnight (with a top coat) before using the tape the next morning.

Cut your sticky tape using the craft scissors so it leaves a pattern in the tape then stick them to your nails. Wherever you want, I put mine in the middle of the nail. Paint one side with your second colour and then pull the stick tape off. Do this for all your nails and then apply a top coat. It's as easy as that! It looks like you've done something difficult when you really haven't. If you guys try it please leave me a link in the comments, I'd love to check them out.





And on that note, I'm out. We're having some crazy weather here at the moment. Flooding and wild winds. I hope it's a bit nicer wherever you are :)

Bye for now,


- Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment