Saturday 16 February 2013

Ulta3 Saran Wrap

Happy Saturday all :) my favourite day of the week!

Today I decided to try something new, a Saran Wrap (or cling wrap for anyone who doesn't know what Saran Wrap is, which was me a few weeks ago!).

I have never done this before and I gotta say, it is super easy and looks really nice! I chose 2 purple shades to do this but I think really contrasting colours would look pretty amazing too!

For my base colour I used ulta3 orchid and for the "marbled" top coat I used ulta3 elegant mauve.

Start out by doing a base coat (I use Sally Hansen nylon + retinol strengthener, which isn't really a base coat but it works for me, it does not stop staining though!). Then put your base colour on, however many coats it takes for it to be opaque. I used 1 coat of ulta3 orchid. You need to wait for it to completely dry before going on to the next step. Once it is dry do a coat of your next colour (this is where I used ulta3 elegant mauve). You need to be quick now, and only do one nail at a time! While the top colour is still wet take some loosely balled up cling wrap (or Saran Wrap, depends where you're from) making sure that it isn't smooth, it needs to have texture to it. Lightly dab the ball on to your wet nail. This will take some of the polish off which then leaves a lovely marbled look on your nails. Do this to each nail one at a time then finish it off with a top coat, i used Sally Hansen insta-dri anti chip top coat. Be creative, there are so many different combinations you can use! Here are some pics of mine.





If you do some of your own I'd love to see them. They are just so pretty and simple to do, I don't know why I didn't try it before!

Thanks for reading guys, I hope you have an awesome weekend :) family BBQ here this weekend.

Bye for now!

- Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment